Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What have we been up to!? (with 2 recipes)

This month (and new year) we have been enjoying many cold, snowy winter days. Our preacher told us Sunday that "they" are saying this is a normal winter, and we just haven't had a "normal" winter since the 60's and in 1993 when we were hit with a blizzard. So we have just sat back and enjoyed the white scenery while we can. I can say that I am completely over the white stuff, aka snow! I have seen enough to last me until next year. We haven't really done a whole lot this month either. Too cold and really nothing going on to get involved with. However, hubby and I started dieting on January 3 and we both have lost 8 or 9 lbs since. We are both extremely happy about that! I actually joined Weight Watchers* on January 6th and have gone each Thursday to weigh in. I am excited to go this Thursday to see my progress. The first week was really tough, but now I think I have a little system or routine that helps me and its getting easier by the day. I have a long road ahead of me, so I would appreciate all of the prayers and encouragement I can get.

I have a few pictures of the kids I haven't finished editing and organizing, so instead I thought I would share with you two recipes I have tried over the past couple of weeks while on Weight Watchers. If they look and sound delicious to you, its because they are! Enjoy!

Southwestern Chicken Pizza (adapted from my Fitness Magazine, I added the chicken!)

* One 12in. thin pizza crust
* Tostitos brand Chunky Salsa medium
* 1 1/4 cups Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese
* 3 Grilled Chicken fillets prepared beforehand then cut into cubes
* 1 small/medium red bell pepper
* 3 or 4 green onions
* 1/2 cup Bush's Black Beans

Prepare pizza with toppings with salsa as your pizza sauce add all other toppings and bake at 450 for about 13 - 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Very good!


Meatloaf with bell pepper and onion - adapted from the weight watchers cookbook!

1 onion, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and finally chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
2lbs ground lean beef (7% fat or less)
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup italian seasoned dried bread crumbs
1 egg white
2 tbs Dijon mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp pepper

1.)Preheat oven to 400. Spray large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray.

2.)Cook onion, pepper, and garlic over stove until tender. Set for 10 mins.

3.) Combine all ingredients in a bowl using only 1/2 cup ketchup. Form meat into a 5X10 loaf on baking sheet. Spread the remaining 1/2 cup ketchup on top of the meatloaf. Bake for 45-50 mins.

Makes 8 servings!

We made sandwiches and they were so delicious!

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I especially like the sound of the pizza recipe. Can't wait to try it, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily both of those recipes look DELICIOUS and who could tell they were lite! I'm so proud of you and your husband and you will continue to do great! That's awesome that you have a support system in your husband. I will have to make the pizza and meatloaf sometime soon. We have enjoyed the snow but are ready for SPRING!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of those recipes look so good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! :)